Tuesday 31 December 2013

New Year, New Resolutions - 2014

It’s that time again. Time to make resolutions and reminisce about the ones you made (and broke) last year!

My resolutions from last year:

Go somewhere new this year that is on my list of things to do before I'm 30
Well I definitely did this one! Dan and I went to New York for our 1 year wedding anniversary. It was one of my favourite ever trips, I didn't think I would fall for NYC and expected it to be a slight let down because of the hype about it but I was wrong. I totally fell. I don’t get comfortable in a new place for at least a day, once I know my surroundings a bit better and seen my hotel etc but with New York, as soon as we stepped outside and I saw a street I just got it. I understood where things were, how to work the grid system and that made me feel safe.  
We did a lot but I feel like we didn’t even get a quarter done of what is possible there. We saw most of the south of the Island, did the Statue – she was amazing. Again I thought she would be a let-down because you see her everywhere but actually she was better than I expected and it was so surreal to be seeing this figure, in real life, that you have seen so many times growing up in films and TV shows. We went up the Empire state building at night, ran some of central park, went to Greenwich Village and the meat packing district – these two places were my favourite of all areas that we saw. We went to the building that is in the opening scene of friends – big deal for me! We went to the world trade centre waterfalls and rode the subway, went to grand central station and bought a book at the NYC library. We walked so much, shopped loads and ate loads. I couldn’t stop being overwhelmed and surprised by NY, the place is buzzing and I just remember looking around and being so happy to be there. I can’t wait to go back in another season and see new parts of it. Probably one of my favourite things to tick off my ‘to do before 30’ list!





Complete and pass a course (nutrition/fitness)
Well this is my broken resolution. I researched, spoke to my friend Jen and decided the sort of course I want to do and the sort of classes I want to teach. BUT as of yet that is as far as I got. I am going to keep this one for next year as I have every intention of doing it. Eventually.
Everyone has to break one though right…?

Get a hobby I am passionate about and enjoy
Well if you are a friend of mine on Facebook, twitter or read any of my blogs you will know I started my hobby in March and it is the best thing I EVER did. I am in love with Pole dancing; I feel so passionate about it and am enjoying it so much! I definitely nailed this resolution. I am slowly getting better and a few weeks ago I managed to do a move that I had set for my 2014 thing to work on! So now I just need to keep practising and make it better but that was a massive boost for me. 2014 is going to be the year for improving and practising and I cannot bloody wait!



Make Dan's 30th special
I think I managed this. Would have to check with Dan! I took him for dinner at his favourite restaurant in London and we stayed over, we shopped and then had a night out with friends and had a family party for him on the day of the Wimbledon final where Andy Murray finally won. It was a brilliant day. I would have loved to have done something more amazing like NY or Vegas or something really memorable but I think I did my best and there will be more birthdays that I can make even more special for him. Best start saving for the 40th

Make it to our 1 year anniversary..... that's a joke :)
We did it! Still here, 5 years together and 1 year married. The first year can be hard and I didn’t really realise that. But I am so happy in my marriage and can see us being as happy in 10 years’ time as we are now.  It always helps when you marry your best friend. You aren’t going to agree all the time and it isn’t realistic to think that, they will drive you crazy and you will hate certain things and habits but there has to be something more otherwise you wouldn’t be together in the first place. As long as you still love them and want them in your life, the other bits don’t matter so much. I’m not going to joke about making it to our two year anniversary, we just will.



My new year’s resolutions for 2014

×          Stop swearing so much (it’s getting necessary!) - £1 penalty fee
×          Do a course to be able to teach pole dancing
×          Do a fitness and nutrition course
×          Tick another two things off the ‘to do before 30’ list
×          Go a month with no diary (Again its necessary!)
×          Go to a country I’ve not been to before


I am really looking forward to 2014, this is the year to try and make myself happy and change things that are stopping that from happening.

Happy New Year to my family and friends. Hope you celebrate in style tonight and start tomorrow happy, healthy, probably mildly hungover and ready for 2014 to be amazing.

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment