Friday 3 February 2012

Oh Sweetie Darling...

Oh Sweetie Darling....   

Remember that, from Absolutely Fabulous? Well the reason I titled this blog with that is because yesterday I became a, part time, PR girl! Basically I currently work in my companies marketing department but I am not sure what area I want to get involved in... Luckily I have a very good boss who has decided the best thing for me to do would be to spend time working on everything at different times and deciding how I feel about each of them.
So far I have worked, pretty much continuously, on CRM (email marketing mostly) which I enjoy and have a qualification in (well Digital marketing but its relative) and as the team PA. For a few months I worked with Events and now it is my PR time. One day a week I will be working from our London agency and doing all things PR, starting with the very basic stuff (as I am a complete beginner!).
  
First day down and I LOVED IT! I mean it was fairly simple and I wasn’t given anything stressful or hard but I had such a good day and can’t wait to for next week when I can hopefully do more. If I really like it and am good at it, who knows, this could be something I would want to do more frequently.

The reason I am so excited about this is because I have never known what I wanted to do as a career, I have always wanted to know and always felt jealous of those people that KNOW what they want to do. I am happy in my role and love my team but would be nice for me to find that part of the job that I know I want to continue in.
I am not saying that PR is that part but it is the closest I have got at the moment and I have only done one day, so got to be a good sign right?

Watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment